Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit a dynamic, reliable and committed
Finance Officer (focus on project reporting)
(full-time, based in Budapest)
The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that projects are reported to donors and internally appropriately, especially that EC funded projects are repooted as per the project agreements.
Furthermore this position will contribute to WWF’s accounting operations. This includes responsibility for recording salaries based on approproately filled timesheets, as well as participation in accounting tasks (mainly project related expenses).
The Finance Officer reports to WWF Hungary Finance and Administration Manager, works closely together with the Chief Accountant and is based in Budapest.
Your duties will include:
- Permanent monitoring and reporting of all financial aspects of projects undertaken by WWF Hungary (Life, Horizon, etc. programs).
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly internal project reports.
- Acts as focal point regarding all financial matters for Lead Partner / for all project partners (if WWF Hungary is the Lead Partner)
- Respects, prepares and implements project financial procedures and guidelines as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate files for the projects.
- Assists and monitors (public) procurement and tender procedures where required
- Internal management of budget shifts, project cash flow forecasts.
- Compiling financial reports with all underling documentation for audit purposes.
- Participates in appropriate coding and booking of invoices and other expenses in Oracle.
- Responsible for ensuring that timesheets are updated on a monthly basis, and participates in the coding and booking salaries to the projects.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
We expect from you:
- Corresponding university degree (finance, accounting, management etc.).
- Expertise in the field of donor project reporting, especially with EU funded projects (LIFE, Horizon, etc.).
- At least 5 years of work experience, including proven experience in working in (EU) project reporting.
- General understanding of accounting and project reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team, particularly in the implementation of cross-country activities and projects, both within the national and larger international WWF team;
- Proven ability to work effectively with a range of partners – NGOs, companies, public bodies;
- Intermediate project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Experience with the usual Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel at a minimum intermediate level;
- Passion and dedication to WWF’s mission and environmental protection.
We are offering:
- Opportunity to make a difference for Hungary and for WWF;
- Challenging and fulfilling activities in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions as part of the largest conservation NGO network of the world;
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international;
- Varying tasks and independent work style;
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment;
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards.
If you are interested in joining the global WWF family, email your application documents including your motivation letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com
Application deadline: 15.11.2017
Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. For more information on WWF Hungary, kindly check the website: www.wwf.hu