Financial Systems Data Analyst, INSIGHT
Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit an ambitious, professional
Financial Systems Data Analyst, INSIGHT
(full-time, WWF International based in Vienna)
Last year, WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Financial Systems Data Analyst, INSIGHT* for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
*Business Information System
Location: WWF International in Vienna.
Help develop new features and integration pieces as well as help manage and ensure the day-to-day running of the INSIGHT system. It is a very hands-on position to help in organizing the implementation of the INSIGHT system, which includes developing new integration flows, new views, building enhancements, database changes, and database performance and tuning.
- Ensure the day-to-day running of the INSIGHT Integration system.
- Help design and write functional and technical system specifications.
- Develop new SQL to enable transfer of data between Insight related systems.
- Design, develop, and implement new views and reports in the INSIGHT system.
- Take business requirements translating them to specific software and reporting requirements.
- Evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high-level information into details to help distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Challenge current business processes and make suggestions for improvement; Put together well thought–through business cases for issue resolution/analysis.
- Manage system support and maintenance in collaboration with the larger Global ICT team and define required procedures.
- Manage user acceptance testing of new applications and reports; coordinate with technical resources for any migration of data into the new application database.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Degree in business administration and/or engineering.
- Deep SQL and database technical development background;
- Very good understanding of technical architecture, Oracle e-business Financial System views, SQL statements.
- Hands-on experience on data warehouse project and reporting software implementation in a cross-cultural and cross-functional ambiance.
- Experience with a report writing tool (Tableau is an advantage) and a general knowledge of SQL
- 5 years of SQL writing experience.
- 5 years of Integration experience
- Familiarity with database performance and tuning.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; diplomacy and tact;
- Customer focus; excellent communicator facilitating discussions and summarizing conclusions;
- Able to help users rationalize and simplify manual work processes before applying automated solutions;
- Methodical and well organized, with a proven ability to organize, direct and coordinate team efforts to achieve assigned objectives within budgetary and time restraints;
- Fluency in English required, fluency in other languages will be seen as very beneficial;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Deadline for applications: 22nd March 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.