Make a difference to today’s world. Join WWF
Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF – DCPO is seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic
WWF-DCPO Regional Marketing Manager
(full-time, preferably based in Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest, Kiev or Sofia;
In exceptional cases, another location in the Danube-Carpathian region may be possible )
The WWF Danube-Carpathian Programme is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, the “Green Heart of Europe”. The Regional Marketing Manager will play a key role in developing and promoting WWF-DCP, both to external audiences and the WWF Network as well as internally. The position will be directly responsible for communications and marketing at regional and international level and will seek to strengthen and empower communications and marketing teams working at country level in Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Ukraine.
The WWF-DCPO Regional Marketing Manager reports to the Regional Director (PO Rep), WWF-DCP and it will based, preferably in WWF offices from Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest, Kiev or Sofia.
The WWF-DCPO Regional Marketing Manager
Your duties will include:
- Provides overall leadership and the driving force for promoting WWF-DCP, its priorities and work particularly to selected target groups at regional/international level.
- Leads and supports the development of WWF’s marketing and communication across the Danube-Carpathian region, functioning as a Practice Leader among WWF communications and marketing managers in Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Ukraine;
- Develops and manages the implementation of a strategy for marketing components included within the WWF-DCP long-term strategy and related core conservation projects
- Develops and manages regional communications and marketing activities, including media work, internet and social media as well as campaigns, special events and projects.
- Lead WWF-DCP brand strategy, based on regional strategic plan
- Lead development and implementation of a strategic “brand” profile and positioning for WWF in the Danube-Carpathian region within the broader WWF brand guidelines and in close cooperation with conservation and fundraising leads as well as interested WWF partners, e.g. WWF-Belgium.
- Coordinate, develop and deploy marketing initiatives across the region to reach and serve selected target groups, including WWF partners, EU institutions and regional conventions, relevant civil society groups, existing and potential partners from the private sector as well as international media.
- Lead development of WWF’s marketing and communications across the Danube-Carpathian region.
- Lead the development and implementation of regional marketing strategies, including annual plans, targets and expected results.
- Develop and implement a strategy and plan for monitoring and evaluating progress toward achieving objectives.
- Advise and contribute to the development of regional strategies and plans, particularly related to conservation and fundraising, to ensure the integration of marketing and communications and the achievement of the organisation’s overall goals and objectives.
- Serve as “Practice Leader” for communications and marketing in WWF-DCP. Liaise with and where relevant coordinate country-level communications staff. Organise regular meetings (virtual and physical) of communications and marketing staff to share know how and experience, coordinate and plan common activities.
- Support, strengthen and empower communications and marketing teams in the Danube-Carpathian region. Provide advise, capacity building and support as relevant and needed to WWF communications and marketing staff in Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Ukraine.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the implementation of WWF and WWF-DCP brand guidelines across the Danube-Carpathian region.
- Bulid strategic relationships with relevant staff from the WWF network and partner organisations, including heads of marketing for WWF-International, the WWF European Policy Office, WWF-Belgium, WWF-Austria, WWF-Germany, WWF-Adria, WWF-Poland, the global conservation Practices and others.
- Propose, develop and implement a strategy for digital communications across the region, covering both internal and external communications platforms, standard and social media channels.
- Manage regional marketing and communications activities.
- Initiate, develop and where relevant oversee implementation of regional communication and marketing campaigns, projects, events and initiatives.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities, including fundraising, to develop WWF-DCP communications and marketing at regional and country levels.
- Support WWF Global Campaign implementation on national and regional levels with strengthtening capacities, identifying specific local anchors and ensuring information flow.
- Design a process for policy campaigns to be well planned and implemented at national and regional levels.
- Contribute to planning of conservation and fundraising projects, ensuring that marketing is needs and opportunities are fully integrated.
- Ensure the implementation of communications activities for regional projects.
- Identify and cultivate relevant marketing and communications channels for distributing WWF articles and other communications outputs (e.g. audio, visual), closely collaborating with media and WWF communicators from WWF-International and relevant WWF organisations.
- Supervise, produce and distribute WWF-DCP communication materials, including videos and publications.
- Maintain and further develop an English-language internet site and social networking for WWF-DCP.
- Develop, produce, distribute and promote a regular e-bulletin covering WWF in the Danube-Carpathian region.
- Develop and implement a strategy to promote WWF-DCP and its work in relevant media at regional and international levels.
- Cultivate and maintain contacts with representatives of regional and international media with an interest in the Danube-Carpathian region.
- Manage the development of content and the deployment of press communications, organise press trips and press conferences.
- Liaise with and support communications staff of WWF-International and other WWF organisations in addressing media inquiries related to WWF-DCP and the Danube-Carpathian region.
- Liaise with communications leads of key partners, including the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR) and Carpathian Convention. Represent WWF in the ICPDR stakeholder involvement working group.
We expect from you:
Adheres to the WWF mission, as well as lives the WWF-DCP’s values: Empowering People, Trust, Impact Driven, Responsibility, Standard of Excellence
- University degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Strategy, Social Sciences or related field; at least 5 to 7 years of experience in communications and/or marketing-related role;
- At least 3 years of experience in directly contributing to and defining a marketing strategy, covering brand awareness and communications. Experience with sustainability and conservation is an advantage;
- Proven skills in communications and marketing, including at strategic and operational levels, as well as project planning and implementation;
- Creativity and strategic and forward thinking;
- Experience in policy driven campaign planning and implementation is an advantage;
- Internal drive and self-organisation;
- Exceptional communicator, client service and excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent networker, with good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, and in person;
- Able to translate the importance of conservation and of the work that WWF does to our partners in a compelling manner, including verbally, written and other forms.
- Ability to write, edit & proofread written materials in English;
- A good visual sense and experience with visual communications;
- Ability to stay focused and follow up on long-term projects;
- Proven skills in people management and coordination, team development and professional advise and support. Experience with coaching and mentoring is a distinct advantage.
- Proven skills to organize, handle many details, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities;
- Proficiency in using the MS Office package: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Able to work well within the national and larger international WWF team, as well as independently; sensitive to different cultures and diversity;
- In a figurative sense, the ability to paint pictures – and make them happen
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Danube Carpathian region and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards
*Kindly consider in your option to apply that this job position does not imply relocation package.
The compensation package will be aligned with local conditions in terms of salary and benefits, considering internal WWF compensation policy.
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 11th of June 2017. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. For more information about WWF-DCPO, kindly check the website: http://panda.org/dcpo