WWF-DCP is seeking to recruit an ambitious, professional Chief Accountant
Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF International Danube-Carpathian Programme (WWF-DCP) is seeking to recruit an ambitious, professional Chief Accountant (full-time, based in Vienna).
The Chief Accountant is responsible for all aspects of statutory and WWF accounting of the Austrian association as well as for the consolidation of legal entities in Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary. This is a good opportunity for an ambitious professional to deepen experience and take responsibility in all fields of accounting in a conservation NGO.
The position’s aim is to ensure that all aspects of financial accounting are managed and carried out in good quality and in a timely manner, both under Austrian GAAP and WWF rules. The position will report to the Regional Head of Operations.
Your duties will include
- Responsible for all day-to-day processing of accounting transactions in the general and side ledgers in ORACLE accounting software including cost center accounting as well as monthly closing and reconciliations.
- Ensures that all accounting operations comply with local laws and regulations as well as WWF International requirements.
- Preparation and checking of all supporting documents for accounting purposes.
- Ensures appropriate accounting paper flow and filing systems in line with legal and internal requirements.
- Ensures internal controls and proposes modifications to ensure sound financial management.
- Compilation of the statutory financial statements according to Austrian GAAP.
- Quarterly consolidation and related reports for all WWF-DCP legal entities / ledgers in ORACLE.
- Responsible for the preparation of all audit schedules and other accounting documents for external and internal audits or other financial controls.
- Preparation and submission of all tax and social security declarations as necessary and ensures that payments are done on timely basis.
We expect from you
- Professional accounting qualification and knowledge of Austrian accounting standards
- At least 3 to 5 years of post-qualifying experience in an accountant’s role with responsibility for both input and analysis of transactions, with at least senior role in full-scale GL accounting, preparing financial reports and interacting with other departments
- Exposure to integrated accounting system (Oracle, SAP, Navision or similar)
- Fluent English and German – both written and verbal
- Good communication skills
- Exposure to international accounting standards is an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Contributing to challenging activities in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style with flexible working hours
- A pleasant working atmosphere
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Minimum monthly gross salary of EUR 2700 (based on 40 hours per week), actual offer will depend on qualifications of the candidate
If you are interested in joining the global WWF family, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline: 7 May 2017. Please indicate in the subject: Chief Accountant – Austria. Please note that due to the high amount of applications we will only contact short-listed candidates.