WWF Hungary Chief Accountant
Make a difference to today’s world.
WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit an ambitious, professional
(full-time, based in Budapest)
The Hungarian office of the world’s largest international conservation NGO, the 25 years old WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit a Chief Accountant. The new Chief Accountant manages and participates in the Finance and Accounting operations of the organisation, contributes to project reporting and audits. This is a good opportunity for an ambitious professional to deepen experience and take responsibility in all fields of Finance and Administration in a conservation NGO.
About the position
The position’s aim is to ensure that Finance and Accounting operations are managed and carried out in good quality and in a timely manner, both under Hungarian GAAP and Swiss GAAP FER. These tasks include managing the banks and taxes, statistics as well. The Chief Accountant is a key player for managing all Finance and Administration tasks and for providing a sound basis to monitor, evaluate and audit projects, and is also expected to maintains contacts with regional and international WWF offices in professional issues.
We expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related fields
- At least 5 to 7 years of post-qualifying experience in an accountant’s role with responsibility for both input and analysis of transactions, with at least senior role in full-scale GL accounting, preparing financial reports and interacting with other departments
- Good working knowledge of accounting, tax and other relevant laws (especially Hungarian GAAP and taxes)
- Exposure to integrated accounting system (Oracle, SAP, Navision or similar)
- Fluent English – both written and oral
- Good communication skills
- xposure to international accounting standards is an advantage
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team within systems and
- Intermediate project management skills including ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A very good level of written and spoken English (beside Hungarian)
- International working environment
- Various scope of activities
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Salary according to NGO standards, Cafeteria
If you are interested in joining the global WWF family, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (both in English and in Hungarian) to email@example.com. Application deadline: March 31st, 2017. Please indicate in the subject: Chief Accountant – Hungary. Please note that due to the high amount of applications we will only contact short-listed candidates.