WWF-Hungary is seeking to recruit a seasoned Chief Accountant to join the Finance & Administration (F&A) team and take over responsibility for the overall accounting and taxation; preparation of tax returns and annual reports, preparation of international financial statement of the organisation, in compliance with the Hungarian accounting and tax rules and the WWF Standards. The position is full time, based in Budapest.
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 7700 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of 180 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF-Hungary is seeking to recruit a full time, seasoned Chief Accountant to join the Finance & Administration (F&A) team in Budapest and take over responsibility for the overall accounting and taxation; preparation of tax returns and annual reports, preparation of international financial statement of the organisation, in compliance with the Hungarian accounting and tax rules and the WWF Standards.
Accounting and bookkeeping
- General ledger and analytical accounting, maintenance of up-to-date general ledger records in the accounting system including monthly closing;
- Compliance with Hungarian accounting standards and taxation rules;
- Compliance with WWF-CEE and WWF Network regulations;
- Preparation and verification of supporting documents in accordance with Hungarian accounting standards
- Proper storage and systematization of accounting documents, receipts and contracts (both physical and electronic filing), and archiving of documents
- Responsibility for compliance with accounting regulations and respective up-to-date internal controls as prescribed by the Accounting law
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly P&Ls for ongoing projects
- Preparation of quarterly closing, with necessary accruals
- Support to the F&A Manager with the preparation of internal financial management reports with provision of data on monthly and ad-hoc basis, as needed
- Provision of data for monthly CFR and IFR reports
- VAT – preparation and submission of a monthly VAT return, application for VAT refund and supporting documentation
- Submission of quarterly rehabilitation contribution and company car tax,
- Reporting in-kind benefits and representation to external payroll company
- Current account tax reconciliation
- Fulfilment of monthly and quarterly tax payment obligations
Year-end closure and audit
- Responsibility for preparation of annual statutory year-end closure in Hungary (31 December) and WWF year-end closure (30 June)
- Cooperation with auditors
General and other tasks
- Contribution to the development and improvement of the accounting and financial processes in the organization
- Overall administrative and controlling tasks, as assigned by the F&A Manager.
- Registered accountant (regisztrált mérlegképes könyvelő)
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Chief Accountant
- Experience with accounting software (BMD is an advantage)
- Understanding of key legislative and financial, accounting and taxation rules relevant for NGOs in Hungary
- Ability for synthesis and integration, systemic and business thinking
- Experience in bookkeeping of EU-funded projects
- Solid organization and planning skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Fluency in English and Hungarian
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work under pressure during peak periods and resilience
- Effective communication skills and open-minded personality
- Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect and Integrity
- the opportunity to make a difference – for Hungary and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and independent work style
- flexible work arrangement including home office and office
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) at email@example.com no later than 23 December 2021. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF Hungary, kindly check www.wwf.hu.