Regional Fundraising Expert
WWF-CEE is seeking to recruit a Regional Fundraising Expert to coordinate the development of multi-country, large-scale, long-term project proposals for different types of donors in the WWF-CEE countries (Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine).
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 8000 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of over 200 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
Location: Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest or Sofia. In exceptional cases, another location in the Central and Eastern European region may be considered.
- Design proposal development processes
- Coordinate the work of proposal development teams throughout the proposal development process (set up proposal development team, organize team meetings, ensure timely development and submission, etc.)
- Develop content pieces for proposals independently or together with WWF experts
- Prepare fundraising documentation (project concepts, cases for support) to scope funding opportunities
- Provide expert support and advice to other proposal development leads
- Identify relevant funding opportunities and update the database and calendar of funding opportunities
- Research donor trends and share the information with relevant teams
- Contribute to the development of the regional fundraising pipeline
- Report to the Regional Public Sector Partnership, Trusts and Foundations Coordinator
- Work closely with relevant colleagues in WWF CEE
- Liaise with partnerships and fundraising communities inside WWF network
- Liaise with external donors and partners in accordance with internal WWF agreements.
- University degree in social and/or environmental science
- Knowledge of fundraising sources for environmental protection and nature conservation
- Knowledge and experience in project development
- Knowledge of and experience with project cycle management
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising activities; track record of successful fundraising
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Experience working in an international and complex organization, and in a virtual context
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in both written and spoken English
- Fluency in one of the region's languages (Bulgarian, Slovak, Hungarian or Romanian)
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite
- Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
- challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- varying tasks and opportunity to grow
- a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- a salary according to NGO standards*
* The compensation package will be aligned with local salary and benefits conditions, in line with our reward policy.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter (in English) to the attention of
Tsveta Petrushinova, Regional HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25.09.2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-CEE, kindly check the website: https://www.wwfcee.org/.
Photo © Michel Gunther / WWF